Friday, August 29, 2008

... the Pictures of the Rock

Taking pictures of your hand is awkward so you're just going to have to ignore the cartilage popping out. And I never really noticed all that fine hair on my knuckles before, is that normal? But that's not really what you're looking at, are you? You're thinking 'woah, what a lovely, elegant ring'. ;-) Well, thank you. I think so too.

I'm very please with how it turned out. Especially since I'm horrible at picturing what things will look like if I'm not, well, looking right at them.

We ended up buying the pieces of the ring at different places and having a lapidary put it together for us. I was very nervous up until the day I picked it up. Then, pure relief, I loved it. I mean, I do have to wear this thing forever so I don't really think I was over reacting when I agonized over my decision here.

The metal, in case you're wondering, is platinum. I liked the weighty feel of it and I didn't want to have to worry about re-dipping white gold the rest of my life.

Notice how the star moves around a bit? I think it makes it kind of ethereal.

Now I just have to decide what type of ring to get Jeff. I think we're leaning toward tungsten...

11 comments:

hosanna said...

Michelle, I love your ring and how much thought you put into it!! It's beautiful.

Bekah said...

Shelle,
Its beautiful! I love it love it love it!!! Fabulous...absolutely fabulous!

anne said...

It is Awesome. So different, so creative and way to not buy a diamond!!

Ashleigh said...

Beautiful, Michelle!

abbey said...

very pretty, michelle!

Anonymous said...

Pretty! I didn't want a run of the mill diamond either. Although mine is a diamond it has emeralds all around it, which is my birth stone. Several friends of mine have sapphires as their engagement stone, or incorporated into their ring. I love unique engagement rings! It reveals something about the wearer.

Wendy said...

It is very pretty Michelle. Reminds me of a ring my mom gave me growing up. She also had a star saphire which became mine.

Very nice.

Jessica Rockey said...

Love the ring! All of a sudden I'm feelin very 'Debbie Downer' about my turmultuous diamond... WAH WAH.

I love my crazy, out of the box friend! The Ring is definitely one of a kind... AS ARE YOU!

Hairy knuckles...hmmm... not much you can do about those puppies...very unfortunate. Perhaps you shouldn't draw Jeff's att. to them til after the vows!
Love ya! Coffee this week?! For Real!

Katherine M. said...

The ring is gorgeous. Jessica, you are too funny. I'd say don't mention it to him at all.:)

Unknown said...

Thanks guys!

Wendy, my mom had one too and I remembered always wanting to wear it when I was younger. :)

Jess, yes! Call me!

Anonymous said...

Why do people kill each other for crap that washes up on beaches? I killed a guy for a conch shell one time, but that was different.