Tuesday, February 05, 2008

... Cape Canaveral


Greetings from Cape Canaveral where a fishing pole, live shrimp, and a few beers combined to make a wonderful afternoon.


On my first cast I caught a whiting. We didn't think it was all that big and tossed it back. After a while we noticed that mine was twice as large as any other whiting that was caught that day. When we returned the pole and checked the record for the largest whiting, it was 3lbs 12 oz. Mine had to be around 3lbs. Agh! How funny is that?! We had no idea!


The guy to the left of me caught a stingray and to the right of me caught a shark. Now that's fishing!


By the way, there is a lift off scheduled for Thursday that we may be able to see. How exciting!

5 comments:

Billie said...

You go on the funnest trips. Looks fun and relaxing.

Rebekah Judd said...

Hey - I'm going to Florida, too! Maybe I'll see you there. I was able to see the shuttle even though I was on the other coast, so I can't imagine how cool it would be to actually see it. I have a ride, by the way ;) Sorry I'm a horrible friend and don't know you're going on a trip.

Jennifer said...

So fun. You lucky girl. I hope you have a great time! Drink a beer for me... I could sure use one :)

Love,

Jennifer

chris fogal said...

Fishing off the cape is a vacation I could definately enjoy. The choice of beers was a very good one as well. Although I do like bottles over cans , but you can't take bottles a lot of places. If you get the chance you should try offshore fishing. I go at least once a year, and if I could I would go evey week.

Judy said...

Lucky. Fishing is a favorite summer pastime of ours... Enjoy your trip. :)