Sunday, December 16, 2007

... Leaves

One of the things I love about my home is the very large, very old oak tree that canopy's the house. But man, there are a lot of leaves in the fall.


This fall, however, because of the weather the leaves didn't start falling until last week. So this weekend we borrowed the Rockey's leaf blower (thank you!) and Jeff spent a total of 7 hours (in the rain) blowing a pile of leaves that was 3 feet high and 20 feet deep. I didn't even have to lift a finger. Thank you Jeff!

(Pics are taken from the upstairs window looking down on the pile.)



Here are the fruits of his labor. 25 Bags of leaves. Too bad there will be another 25 next weekend too...

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Imagine four of those in your yard and you'd live at my house! They were still falling when we got snow...I'm betting there are 25 bags out there under a foot of wet, white stuff. Hoping they decompose over the winter...

Your house is cute.

Catherine said...

Glory! I'd love to have a yard, but I'm grateful I don't at this time of year :)

Bekah said...

Dang...the beauty of living in an apartment...no yardwork...haha!

Rebekah Judd said...

Hmmm...what is Jeff doing next week? Seriously, I thought my tree was bad, but we didn't have that many bags the first go around. Then again our neighbors had the picking up some of our leaves as well. And I love the idea of a leaf blower. We might have to invest in one of those.

Bethany said...

Holy cow that is a lot of leaves....what have you been saving them all up.

Judy said...

Man, oh man. That is a ton of leaves.