Sunday, May 28, 2006

... Day 2

The quote of the day comes from Mike Bullmore: "Kill Fuzziness". Someone should make a "Got Clarity?" t-shirt. I'm sure Paul Thomas will get right on that. He was sporting a homemade t-shirt today "I lost my phone number, can I have your fathers?". A little SGC twist on the 'ol pick up line. Pretty strong for the little buggers first singles conference, though I must admit he did pull it off well.

Mark Dever spoke this morning on... get this... the entire bible. As if the book of Ruth, or the entire Old Testiment, wasn't enough (both message topics at past conferences). I thought he was joking at first, but he wasn't. He's great stuff that Mark Dever. As Eric Simmons introduced Mark he suggested that if you were in DC for an internship over the summer, you should definelty stop by Mark's church. Hm. Interesting.

Following the afternoon session was a quick stroll through "The Neighborhood" which included the bookstore, a lounge area filled with florescent blow up furniture, an art show, and various vendors giving away free books and such (Sweet! Free stuff). This is where Ted's booth promoting Boundless was. Ted, however, was no where to be found. Rob & Charissa are others I've yet to spot.


The roommates are napping up for the evening session and I think it'd be wise to join them. So I'll check in later.

ps- Reb, I turned down a lunch date with Carolyn. Sorry. I'll try to connect with her later for you!

5 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Michelle, I think Ted was taking a break to nap. You know Ted and his love for naps! :-)

Michelle said...

He totally napped at the busiest time. Poor guy. Next time I'm in there and he's not, I'll just jump behind the table and start promoting. May be he can hire me?!?!

Ashleigh said...

I told him later that I posted he was napping. He said he was also doing some other stuff -- meeting with people, etc. Oops! Guess I should get ALL of the facts before I post, huh? :-)

Michelle said...

haha. That's okay. I'm sure he was meeting with big important people. I hope to run into him again. :)

Charissa said...

Michelle, glad we finally hooked up! And Paul's T-shirt is mentioned in several AZ blogs - too funny! I'll see you Sunday, if not before :0)