I love being outdoors year round, but it just seems extra special in the fall -- especially listening to the wind blow through the dry, crunchy leaves. The past few weekends have been lovely around here and Jeff and I have been soaking it up. Here's a bit of what we've been up to.
- A drive to Williamsburg to get a yummy sandwich at the Cheese Shop and have a picnic on the campus of William and Mary.
- Lounging at a local coffee shop watching the world walk by. I finished a book while he finished a crossword puzzle.
- A recreation of the cheese shop picnic this time with homemade sandwiches and at the park in my neighborhood. I started a new book and we both worked on a crossword. We were surrounded by joggers, playing puppies, and a kickball and ultimate Frisbee game. Very picturesque. Very neighborhood-y.
- A 2.5 hour walk through the neighborhood, watching labs chase balls into the river and admiring the architecture.
- A 4 hour walk through the neighborhood and downtown Norfolk. This time stopping at the new swanky grocery store and gathering necessities for an impromptu picnic at the pagoda.
- Tossing and chasing a Frisbee through the park across the street from my house.
We have some time set aside in a few weeks to go camping, hiking, and apple picking. :-) [Actually, would any of you locals have any camping gear you'd be willing to lend us? So far we have, pretty much, well, nothing. hehe]
Ahhh autumn.... What have you been up to?