1. What’s your #1 comfort food? Easy - French Fries.
2. If you were on a deserted island, what one food would you want to have with you? Hm. I'd already have fresh fish, lemon trees & naturally growing herbs to prepare the fish, asparagus growing in the ground.... that just leaves me in want of a nice wine.
3. What is/are your signature dishes? I don't think I have one. I don't like to prepare the same dish more than once a year. Variety.
4. It’s Friday night, you don’t know what to cook. You opt for … Run to the local Harris Teeter and buy a pound of whatever fish is on sale. Fish is so yum, quick, healthy, and easy to prepare. I can be eating within 30 minutes of thinking "hmmm, what should I eat?"
5. What’s your biggest weakness when it comes to food? Uh, French Fries.
6. What food can you absolutely not eat? Any meal that is not well prepared. Why bother with the calories, save them for something good.
7. You need a drink. You grab... Water, but I do like a glass of wine (or bottle of beer) with my dinner.
8. What’s the most decadent dish you’ve had? Once my girlfriends and I made the real, original
9. Favorite Type of food? Fresh, Whole Foods. Quality Ingredients.
10. Favorite dish? Not to drive home the point too much, but a well prepared meal with quality ingredients. Other than that, I'm adventurous in my eating.
11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant you wanted, which one would it be? I'd probably rather stay home and make a gourmet meal together.
12. Are you a soup or salad person? Salad. I need something I can chew.
13. Buffet, take-out, or sit-down restaurant? Sit down restaurant. But only a nice one. If it's only so-so, I'd rather save the $$ and cook a meal myself.
14. What’s the most impressive dinner you’ve ever made? I like to throw dinner parties-- the best of which so far (all things considered) was about 2 years ago when I lived at the Davis'. One of the best tasting meals I made of late was for Jeff for valentines day. I tried to incorporate all of his favorite ingredients and, dang, it was flipping GOOD! It was a very simple chicken dish with a buttery cream sauce topped with capers, baby peas, and some garlic mashed potatoes.
15. Do you consider yourself a good cook? I do. But I maintain that anyone could be a good cook. All you have to do is follow the directions.
16. Do you know what vichyssoise is? Nope.
17. Who’s your favorite TV cook? I don't watch tv.
18. Can you name at least three TV cooking personalities? Funny thing is, though I don't watch tv, I can name three. Rachel Ray, The Iron Chef (or is that just a tv show?), and the Italian lady - Giada is it?
19. Homemade or homemade from a box? Homemade. Unless it's brownies, then the only way to go is Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate.